The AEX-50 converged access terminal extends networking to the first-mile by enabling concurrent high-density legacy access and Carrier Ethernet services.
With advanced pseudo-wire and packet-layer processing, a flexible link-layer architecture and sophisticated traffic-management capabilities, the AEX-50 delivers hard QoS-backed service to the enterprise, cell or aggregation site.
Offering an efficient TDM/ETHERNET interface mix in a compact 1U footprint, the AEX-50 delivers scalable, low-cost multi-service access and 2G/3G/4G wireless backhaul.
The AEX-50 is part of Positron’s Converged Access product portfolio for the edge of access and metro networks including the AEX100 pseudo-wire access devices, the AEX55 / AEX110 EoPDH access devices and the AEX 200 MSPP.
Positron’s Converged Access Device portfolio provides end-users and carriers the flexibility to choose Ethernet transport or TDM-based transport as appropriate for the access location, within the context of Positron’s VUE EMS solution providing an integrated, consistent, GUI-based network manager.
• 1U hardened, micro-footprint
• Converged TDM/packet access
• 8 - 10/100 Carrier Ethernet and 8 DS1/E1 ports
• All-packet architecture
• Point-to-point and ring support
• Sub 50-msec restoration using new standard ITU-T G.8032
• Advanced pseudo-wire engine:
• SAToP, CESoPSN, ATM + PPP/HDLC support
• Configurable protocol encapsulation (IP. MPLS, MEF)
• Flexible link layer services supporting MEF EPL/EVPL, stacked VLANs, ATM,
DS1/E1, DS0 grooming
• Twin SFP-based optical uplinks (100Fx/GbE)
• Powerful traffic management capabilities
• Easy management via VUE point-and-click EMS
• Ethernet OAM (y.1731, 802.1ag, 802.3ah)
• Efficient Wireless Backhaul
• Flexible Business Access
• Designed based on Metro Ethernet Forum specifications