The network monitor and control unit (NMCU) is the central processing unit of the Positron OSIRIS (MSP). It provides operations, administration, maintenance and provisioning (OAM&P), including fault surveillance, performance monitoring, provisioning and security.
Through the AUX2 plug-in unit, the NMCU can be used to generate up to 11 alarms as a response to incoming user-programmed alarms from a terminal block on the PWR Shelf or other user equipment. The AUX2 also accommodates up to four user-determined alarm outputs. The OSIRIS-VUE management software can be used to control the external alarm devices.
• Remote software download
• Remote inventory
• Automatic configuration upload
• Performance monitoring
• Integrated TCP/IP gateway
• Software can be downloaded from a single location without changing any
• CLEI codes, manufacturing dates, version levels and serial numbers
installed in the network are retrievable from a single location
• A replacement plug-in unit automatically provisions itself with the
attributes of the unit that was removed
• Full performance monitoring is generated without external monitoring
• Access to an OSIRIS ring is provided via TCP/IP (Telnet) protocol without
requiring additional external equipment
• I/O ports are user-configurable