The OSIRIS solutions are designed to map various types of signals over a fiber ring. The OC-3 mapper provides access to up to three STS-1 signals (51.84 Mbps) onto a SONET ring, while keeping complete VT1.5 visibility. It can also be used to access one STS-3c signal (155.52 Mbps). The OC-3 mapper is available with IR-1, LR-1 or LR-2 interface with the choice of FC, SC or ST connectors.
The OC-3c mapper provides access to one STS-3c signal (155.52 Mbps) onto a SONET fiber ring. The OC-3c mapper is available with a multimode interface with an SC connector, or with a single mode, intermediate reach (IR-1) interface with an ST connector.
• Capability to carry asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) traffic onto SONET
• Protected traffic from an add/drop multiplexer (ADM) to other equipment
• Remote circuit testing and loopback
• Capability to subtend rings (OC-3 only)
• Efficient mapping of STS-3c signals
• Support for automatic protection switching (APS) 1+1
• Failure detection
• VT1.5 alarm reporting and switching (OC-3 only)