VUE is a Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP software package that is capable of monitoring a single ring of the Positron OSIRIS multiplexers. This allows users to operate all functions of the multiplexer without having to deal with the detailed Transaction Language 1 (TL1) syntax required to operate the shelf. VUE provides a graphical representation of the ring, the shelf and the assigned bandwidth, thus allowing quick configuration and alarm monitoring of the equipment.
VUE PLUS! is an optional version of VUE and it has the incremental capacity to monitor up to 128 rings of OSIRIS equipment from a single station. The graphical interface is identical to that of VUE.
• Easy operation from a laptop or desktop
• Inexpensive deployment
• View of all NEs within one or many rings
• Point-and-click provisioning
• Easy alarm detection and tracking
• Support legacy and current Microsoft Windows packages
• Graphical ring representation
• Graphical shelf views
• Access to all shelf functions - alarm, provisioning, performance monitoring, logs, etc.
• Local and remote configuration of all shelves within a ring
• Bandwidth allocation checks to ensure accuracy of provisioning
• Chat mode for coordination
• Data exports
• Simple network management protocol (SNMP) trap option
• Pager notification option
• 32-ring option (VUE PLUS!)
• Support for management with open systems interconnection (OSI) seven layer stack